Saturday, August 1, 2009

Moving Forward - Post on Reverbnation/Larry Karol

June 30, 2009
I am currently recovering from surgery (ear) and still marveling that I can continue to hear just enough to listen to music and, also, to make music. Even while being a bit stereophonically challenged, I am amazed at how music is still such a significant expression of thought and emotion. Today, I have to write an article for my Temple newsletter, but I know that the song I wrote this past Sunday, based on a text from Psalm 90 (designated as a healing Psalm by some rabbis in Jewish tradition), has even greater power. As I considered the Psalm, which spoke about rising up in the morning with a feeling of being enveloped with joy and kindness, I thought about the people throughout the world whose voices are calling for justice and are not being heard, and people who are mourning individuals - beyond celebrity icons - whose lives were taken too soon, where the meaning of those lives may not even really be known until much later. I hope to post this song in the next few days on the reverbnation player.

No comments:

Post a Comment